Saturday, December 5, 2009

Memories

I haven't blogged for months. And I have a lot to say. It's fun looking back at how young my kids were. I miss them being little and the funny things they would say. But I love to hear about how the day went for them now. They are growing up too fast and it makes me sad. I'm thankful that they are all healthy and great kids. I love them so much.

In three years we have lost 3 of our grandparents who we miss so much. And we have another grandpa who wasn't expected to live after Thanksgiving, but he is doing better. He is a great man and it's sad that he has to live with Alzheimer's. It's such an injustice for anyone that has it.
I am so thankful for the memories that we have shared with them. I'm glad my children have had the opportunity to have had a relationship with our grandparents. I miss my Grandma Elfors for always being there for me, her great cooking, advice and beautiful music. I miss my Grandma Liljenquist's sweet voice, crocheted sleepers, love for Willie Nelson and wonderful homemade candy. I always looked up to both of my Grandma's and have been thinking about them a lot the last couple of months.
It has been one year ago this month that I had my pacemaker put in. I can't imagine what my health would be like now if I hadn't got it done. I am so excited to be able to celebrate xmas with my kids. Last year I was so weak that I didn't want to do anything. I didn't want to decorate for xmas or go shopping. My words will never be able to explain how I felt last year and they will never be able to explain how excited and grateful I am to be here with my family. I love them so much and appreciate everything they do for me. Max is such a great husband and father. I love him so much, he is my best friend.
My wish is for everyone to have a wonderful holiday! Merry Christmas!